Thu, Feb 22|
Nga Hau e Wha National Marae
TE WAIPOUNAMU FEBRUARY 2024 - Understanding and Developing Matekite with Tohunga Wiremu Niania
Matekite / Tohunga / Author Wiremu Niania and Lesley Niania present three days of intensive wananga.
Time & Location
Feb 22, 2024, 8:30 AM – Feb 25, 2024, 10:30 AM
Nga Hau e Wha National Marae, 250 Pages Road, Wainoni, Christchurch 8062, New Zealand
About The Event
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE!
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE REGISTERING.
What is it about?
There are a number of different people this wananga is for. Perhaps you are one of the following?
- You wonder if you are matekite (you see things, experience things, hear things, know things etc) and you want to understand what you experience
- As a child you had spiritual experiences but because you had no one to make sense of these things, you "turned it off". Now you feel drawn here again and want to know more.
- You have moments when you are in the "Zone" but feel it happens randomly, not all the time and want to know how to develop it more.
- You have been using your matekite gift and want to develop it to help others
- Or you just KNOW you have to attend this wananga - you don't know why - you just know you need to.
This three day wananga is practical and is the foundation of identifying, understanding, developing and moving in matekite.
What does the curriculum cover?
There are three modules taught at Matekite.
The focus for this module is to
- identify your preferred modality - hearing, seeing, knowing
- learn how to develop these modalities further in a safe environment
- History and our loss of matekitetanga in society
- what is Wairua? How do we flow with it? Recognising blockages in ourselves
The focus of this module is to
- Establish a daily practise to connect with and move in wairua
- Recognising wairua with clarity - how to know it's wairua and not you
- Foundations to "readings"
- How to be in the community without getting overwhelmed
- Putting your giftings into practice / confirmations
The focus for this important module is to
- Learn the boundaries of wairua - operate within them
- Safe practice - for yourself and others / integrity / authenticity
- How to find a mentor to continue to develop your gifts
- Finding your own blockages and releasing them - whakawetewete
Cost for the wananga
The fee $1,400 + GST to attend this wananga. The majority of this fee goes to the marae for the hirage, the catering and accommodation. Some people may opt to stay off site in their own accommodation. On the registration page you can select that option. However, the marae has a policy that no one can prepare food off site and eat on the premises, neither can we do the catering ourselves. Therefore, all meals are prepared by the marae. Part payments are available!
After this course you may wish to register for the three year MAHI WAIRUA PRACTITIONERS COURSE, (MWP) where you will be mentored by Wiremu Niania and Lesley Niania. The MWP course consists of 12 modules. Four modules per year. The Matekite course is module number 1 for the MWP course.
Wiremu Niania, tohunga, matekite has been operating in his gift throughout his lifetime - trained by his Tuhoe kuia and tohunga, Te Awhimate Trainor. His matekite primary gift is seeing and healing. He is of Ngai Tuhoe, Ngati Tuwharetoa and Ngati Kahungunu decent.
Lesley Niania matekite has been operating in gift for 30 years, primarily past and future. She is of ngati Porou, Te Whanau-a-Apanui and Kai Tahu decent.